How do I set up an organisation account?
We have created accounts for our existing journal subscribers. If you did not receive your account details contact email@example.com.
How will my institution gain access?
IP addresses for institutions who subscribed before 10th May 2022 will have been transferred from Ingenta Connect. All subscriptions since the 10th May 2022 will have had IP addresses added upon account creation. Please check your IP range in the Access Management System and amend as necessary. If you have any queries about IP addresses please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that your username is not the same as the email address associated with your account. If you have forgotten or misplaced your username, please get in touch with email@example.com.
Once you have completed your purchase, the subscription will be added to your account. If you are a new subscriber, we will email you the details of your account and how to manage the content in the Access Management System. No subscription activation is required.
If you have purchased an individual chapter, access to the content is immediately applied to your account once payment is received. No activation is required.
For any access queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I log in Bristol University Press Digital via Shibboleth or OpenAthens?
Yes – you can set up Shibboleth and OpenAthens via the Access Management System.
- Sign in to your account using the login credentials sent to you when your account was activated.
- Choose the 'Access' tab, followed by the 'Edit Account Access' button.
- Enter your Shibboleth entity ID into the appropriate field. You can obtain your entity ID from your institution. The entity ID is an identifier that usually looks like an URL such as https://www.yourinstitution.edu/shibboleth.
- Click 'Add Attribute Group' and enter a title – this is for your reference only.
- Click 'Add Shibboleth Attribute' and enter the attribute name and value that your institution will provide. Please use the 'name' version of this attribute and not the 'friendly name'. You can add additional attributes and groups as needed.
You can find instructions on how to set up OpenAthens authentication here.
I am an account administrator for an institution. Where do I administer my account and what things can I manage?
Accounts can be administered through the Access Management System. The Access Management System will allow you to manage:
- Library logo and URL
- OpenURL Information
- IP addresses
- Shibboleth/Open Athens entity IDs and attributes, if available
- Activate the request my librarian feature
- Add additional account administrators who will require access to the institution’s AMS account
- Reset your account password. Instructions on how to do this can be found in the Librarian User Guide
- Usage (COUNTER) reports from May 2022 onwards (legacy usage reports should be downloaded from Ingenta Connect before 31 May.)
Am I able to merge multiple accounts?
If you have multiple institutional accounts and you would like these to be merged, please email your request to email@example.com and confirm which account you would like to have as your lead. Please note, that we cannot merge institutional and individual accounts.
Are there any DRM restrictions on the content that I access?
All of our electronic content is DRM free.
How many users can access the content at any one time?
We offer unlimited, simultaneous user access to our electronic content.
Can I buy individual ebook titles or do I have to purchase them in a collection?
EPUBs can be purchased through our marketing site and distribution partners: https://bristoluniversitypress.co.uk/
On Bristol University Press Digital each of the book pages has a 'Buy the book' link which will take you to the relevant title to make your purchase.
Individual titles in PDF format are available from selected eBook partners, including JSTOR, Proquest, EBSCO, Cambridge University Press, Oxford University Press and Project Muse.
Where can I purchase print copies of your books?
You can use the 'Buy book in print' button on the book title page to see available print formats and how to purchase. Full details can be found at Bristol University Press | Delivery and order information
Can I request a free trial?
Free 2-month trials of eBook collections and 3-month free trials of our journals are available to institutions. Please visit our free trials page for more information.
Are MARC records available?
MARC records are available to download for our ebook collections. Download MARC records here.
How do I access my usage statistics?
COUNTER and SUSHI usage statistics are available via our access management system. Please find more information on usage statistic reporting here.
Do you publish any Open Access content?
Yes, you can browse all of our Open Access content, including our non-profit Global Social Challenges Journal here.
How do I subscribe to one of your journals?
Visit our subscription information page on our company website for information on how to subscribe and to view our journal subscription rates.
Do you offer grace periods for annual subscription purchases?
Yes, we offer a 90-day grace period starting from 1 January of each calendar year.
Who can I contact for any access issues?
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the platform.
How do I generate a Rest API Key?
You can generate a rest API key by editing your account details in the AMS. Simply navigate to the account details page, choose 'Edit account details' in the top right corner, then scroll down the page to the 'External ID' heading. The button to generate a rest API is on the right-hand side.
How can I redeem a token?
- Log in to your Bristol University Press account.
- If you don’t have an account, you can register here.
- Click on your name in the top-right-hand corner.
- In this area, click on 'Token Redemption'.
- Enter your access code in the 'Enter Access Token' field.
- Click 'Redeem Token'.
- A message will appear confirming successful activation with a link to your content.
Can I set up alerts for new content?
Yes, it is possible to set up alerts to be notified whenever new content that you have access to has been added to the site:
- Create or log in to an account on Bristol University Press Digital.
- Once logged in, go to the page/search you would like alerts for.
- Click on the save button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Then tick the box saying 'Notify me via email of new results from this search' and click 'Save'.
For further queries, please contact our team at email@example.com.
You can find additional resources for libraries via our Librarian Hub.
To receive catalogues and latest updates, subscribe to our Librarian newsletter.