By using the Bristol University Press Digital and Global Social Challenges websites (“the Websites”) you are agreeing to the practices set out in this statement.
You may access certain parts of these Websites without registering or providing the University of Bristol or Bristol University Press with your details.
The University of Bristol and Bristol University Press reserve the right to update the Website at our sole discretion. Thus, such information may be changed or updated without notice.
Usernames and Passwords
Where you have registered on the Websites and have been provided with a username and password, you agree not to make available your username and/or password to anyone. If there has been a disclosure of your username and/or password, you agree to notify us promptly of such disclosure so that University of Bristol and Bristol University Press can take appropriate security measures and to provide you with a new username and password.
Under the licence to access restricted content on the Websites accepted by a subscriber/purchaser (which may be you as an individual or an institution to which you are affiliated) you are permitted to:
- Search, view, retrieve, and display restricted content
- Electronically save restricted content; and/or
- Print out single copies of restricted content
Under the licence accepted by the subscriber/purchaser, you may not:
- Remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on the Websites;
- Make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of restricted content for any purpose except as permitted by law or as authorised by the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press;
- Display or distribute restricted content on an electronic network, including without limitation online (other than the institution’s secure network, where the purchaser is an institution);
- Permit anyone to access or use restricted content (other than other users authorised by the institution, where the purchaser is an institution); and/or
- Use any content on the Websites whether restricted content or otherwise for any commercial use.
If you sign up to receive newsletters or subscribe to our web feed you may only use the material sent to you for non-commercial use. You may not:
- Remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the material sent to you;
- Systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the material for any purpose except as permitted by law or as authorised by the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press ;
- Display or distribute any part of the material on any electronic network, including without limitation online;
- Permit anyone to access or use the material; and/or
- Use all or any part of the material for any commercial use.
Intellectual Property Rights
We and/or our licensors are the owners of all intellectual property rights in the Bristol University Press Digital and Global Social Challenges, and these Websites and the materials on the Websites are protected by intellectual property laws around the world including copyright and trade mark laws. Subject to the terms of this legal notice and any other licence agreements between you and the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press, all such rights are reserved and no materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without our prior written permission. Bristol University Press, Bristol University Press Digital and Global Social Challenges and/or any other names of products or services provided by the University of Bristol and referred to on the website are either trademarks or registered trademarks of University of Bristol and Bristol University Press.
Notwithstanding the foregoing and where applicable, copyright in each illustration that appears on the Websites is owned by the rights holder(s) named in the ‘Picture Details’ window for that illustration. All rights are reserved. No illustration from the Websites may be copied, modified, published or broadcast or otherwise distributed.
The University of Bristol and Bristol University Press make no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on the Website for any purpose. All such information is provided "as is" and with a specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. The University of Bristol and Bristol University Press make no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by the Websites will be uninterrupted, error-free or that the Websites or the server that hosts the Websites are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code.
You are solely responsible for your choice in selecting this website product.
In no event shall the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press, its employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of opportunity, loss of data, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated savings or loss of profits resulting from the use of the website even if the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press has been advised of such loss.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, the liability of the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press arising out of or in connection with your use of the Websites and/or this legal notice whether in contract, tort, misrepresentation, under statute or otherwise will not exceed the price you paid for your subscription to access these Websites.
Neither party's liability for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for fraud is excluded or limited.
The exclusion and limitation set out in this legal notice only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written licence or subscription agreement which you have with the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press in respect of the use of any online service provided via the Websites.
Links to other Websites are provided by the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press in good faith and for information only. The University of Bristol and Bristol University Press disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any website linked to the Websites. In addition, a link to a non-University of Bristol or Bristol University Press website does not mean that University of Bristol and Bristol University Press endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website or the products and/or services offered on such website. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojans, phishing attempts and other items of a destructive nature.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Websites are normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Websites any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, phishing attempts, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
Global Nature of the Websites
You recognise the global nature of the Websites and thus, agree to comply with all applicable local laws in your jurisdiction when using the Websites.
Information we publish on the Websites may contain references or cross-references to our services and/or products offered that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that we intend to announce such services and/or products in your country.
You agree that this legal notice shall be exclusively governed in accordance with the laws of and the courts in England and Wales. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in this legal notice will preclude the University of Bristol and Bristol University Press from applying to any court to bring an action for the infringement of its intellectual property rights.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.